Thinking how to end your Summer 2k15 with a blast?
You might want to consider joining this annual event organized by Ramon Aboitiz Foundation Inc. (RAFI) for the Nine years now and counting. So to say, this is event is traditionally held every last Friday of May in a year starting from dusk to the onset of the wee hour.
This nocturnal tour of Cebu’s highlights significant heritage sites in the metropolis. This is now a living and thriving legacy of appreciating the rich cultural abundance of the Queen city of the South.
A quick run down of this event.
Locals and tourist alike will be visiting 37 heritage sites , crossing 3 cities of Cebu , a feast of Cebu’s finest talents and artistry, a flare of gastronomic experience and a bond of a Cebu’s heritage.
- Casa Gorordo Museum
- The Archdiocesan Museum of Cebu (Cathedral Museum of Cebu)
- Cebu City Museum (Rizal Memorial Library)
- Chapel of San Pedro Calungsod
- Don Sergio Osmeña and CAP Art Gallery
- Fo Guang Shan Chu Un Temple
- Fort San Pedro
- Iglesia Filipina Independiente Cathedral of the Holy Child
- Jose R. Gullas Halad Museum
- The Freeman
- University of the Visayas
- Museo Parian
- 1734 Jesuit House
- Museu Sugbo
- Plaza Parian (AboitizLand)
- Yap-Sandiego Ancestral House
- Basilica Minore del Sto. Niño, Magellan’s Cross
- Archdiocesan Shrine of the Sacred Heart Parish-Alternative Contemporary Art Studio
- San Nicholas de Tolentino Parish Church
- United Church of Christ in the Philippines-Bradford Memorial Chapel
- University of Southern Philippines Foundation-Rizaliana Museum
- University of the Philippines Cebu
- Anthill Fabric Gallery
- St. Theresa’s College Folklife Museum
- Bantayan sa Hari
- Mandaue Central School (100-year-old Gabaldon building)
- Mandaue City Presidencia
- Rizal-Bonifacio Memorial Stage and Public Library
- Mandaue City Heritage Plaza
- National Shrine of St. Joseph Parish-Alternative
- Mactan Shrine
- Talisay City College
- Museo de Talisay
- Archdiocesan Shrine of Sta. Teresa de Avila Parish
- Tres Aliños Monument
- New Talisay City Hall
- National Historic Shrine Liberation Monument
To join event, one must purchase a ticket for 150 peso only except kids aged 7 and below. Also, stay tuned in the official facebook account of Ramon Aboitiz Foundation Inc. (RAFI) for some latest happenings and updates .
For online ticket reservation you can click the link or contact RAFI Culture and Heritage Unit/Casa Gorordo Museum (4182734 local 703 / 2555630) or visit any participating museums and heritage sites nearest you.
I may not sound good enough in convincing but my desire to invite you is sure sincere enough to please you. Hopefully? 😉